Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zhj23 zhj23 is offline

Default Paste Comment

Dear Friends

I am using Office 2003.

I have some contents in the main document and wish to move them into the
comment field. I tried to Cut (or Copy) and Paste, but was not successful.

Any advise appreciate. Thanks.

zhj23
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article , zhj23
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
Dear Friends

I am using Office 2003.

I have some contents in the main document and wish to move them into the
comment field. I tried to Cut (or Copy) and Paste, but was not successful.

Any advise appreciate. Thanks.

zhj23

You have to create a comment first and leave it blank, then you can
paste into it.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zhj23 zhj23 is offline

I already created a comment field in the review panel. But is unbale to paste.

zhj23

---------------------------------

"Peter A" wrote:

In article , zhj23
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
Dear Friends

I am using Office 2003.

I have some contents in the main document and wish to move them into the
comment field. I tried to Cut (or Copy) and Paste, but was not successful.

Any advise appreciate. Thanks.

zhj23

You have to create a comment first and leave it blank, then you can
paste into it.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article , zhj23
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
I already created a comment field in the review panel. But is unbale to paste.

zhj23

---------------------------------

Odd, it works fine for me (Word 2003). I have no other suggestions,
sorry.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zhj23 zhj23 is offline

Hello! Peter:

Would like to share the following with you:

The problem is caused by MathType V5 (an equation editing software). When I
uninstalled MathType, everything works fine. This is really amazing. How did
the conflict arise?

This begs another question: In future, will any PC user still has the
confidence install any new software, given that it might cause conflict to
other applications?

zhj23

"Peter A" wrote:

In article , zhj23
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
I already created a comment field in the review panel. But is unbale to paste.

zhj23

---------------------------------

Odd, it works fine for me (Word 2003). I have no other suggestions,
sorry.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

zhj,

I have never heard of MathType causing any problems with comments in
Word. In fact, I tried it in Word 2003, and I was able to copy text
from the document and paste it into a comment just fine. I even tried
copying text that had a MathType equation in the middle of it, and it
also pasted into the comment with the equation also inserted into the
comment.

So if you say you had this problem, and the problem went away after
you uninstalled MathType 5, I won't dispute that. What I will say is
that it's very unlikely that MathType caused the problem. I would
suggest 3 things:

1. Try re-installing MathType 5 (or even installing the upgrade,
MathType 6), and see if the problem persists.

2. If the problem persists, send me one of the documents that doesn't
work for you (or make up a sample one). Rather than post it to the
newsgroup, please send it to me privately.

3. In addition to #2 above, please notify our Technical Support
department of the problem. They may have additional suggestions for
you, and in fact if there *is* a problem with MathType, we'll never
get it fixed if we don't know about it, so this step is essential. You
can reach them at .

It could also be that you need to install updates to Office 2003. You
didn't mention whether or not your Office was fully updated, but this
can make a huge difference.

Thanks,
Bob Mathews
Director of Training