Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ColG ColG is offline

Default Referencing a section number

Hello

Does anyone have any idea how to reference/link a particular section number.

For example I want to see.....
Please see section 3 (which could be a number of pages and/or sections away
from the reference)
If I then adjust my document and include an extra section before section 3,
I want the above to update to say Please see section 4.

I am using Word 07. I hope this makes sense and all help most welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You use cross-references for that purpose. You will find the options for
cross-references in References tab Captions group Cross-reference. You
can select between different types of cross-references using the two fields
in the top of the Cross-reference dialog box that opens.

If you have used the built-in heading styles (Heading 1-9) for your
headings, you can select €śHeading€ť as the reference type.

Cross-references are inserted as fields. To update all fields in the main
story of the document, press Ctrl+A to select all. Then press F9 to update
fields.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg