Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Default Header and Footer area have vanished (Word 2002)

My header and footer area have vanished. I changed the document to print
view, and nothing shows up in the header or footer area. When I click view
+ header and footer, nothing happens. In page setup, my margins are set
for 1" and the header and footer is set for 0.5" from edge. How can I
restore the header and footer area? Thanks

I am running Word 2002 on Windows XP.

- Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Sounds like your "white space" has disappeared.

Tools Options, on the General tab under Print and Web Layout options check
"White space betweem pages".

See: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Mark" wrote:

My header and footer area have vanished. I changed the document to print
view, and nothing shows up in the header or footer area. When I click view
+ header and footer, nothing happens. In page setup, my margins are set
for 1" and the header and footer is set for 0.5" from edge. How can I
restore the header and footer area? Thanks

I am running Word 2002 on Windows XP.

- Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

I appreciate the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not work. When I hit
View + Header and Footer, nothing appears. This happens whether the white
space is on or off. It appears that the header and footer area has simply
vanished.

"Mark" wrote:

My header and footer area have vanished. I changed the document to print
view, and nothing shows up in the header or footer area. When I click
view
+ header and footer, nothing happens. In page setup, my margins are set
for 1" and the header and footer is set for 0.5" from edge. How can I
restore the header and footer area? Thanks

I am running Word 2002 on Windows XP.

- Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Can you double-click into the header or use Alt+V+H to open the header? If
you can get into the header by either method, you probably need to restore
your menu option. See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm

"Mark" wrote:

My header and footer area have vanished. I changed the document to print
view, and nothing shows up in the header or footer area. When I click
view
+ header and footer, nothing happens. In page setup, my margins are set
for 1" and the header and footer is set for 0.5" from edge. How can I
restore the header and footer area? Thanks

I am running Word 2002 on Windows XP.

- Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

That would have been my next suggestion, had all else failed. Thanks for
beating me to the punch.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This usually indicates document/template corruption. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

.net...