Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Roy is offline

Default .delete key malfunctioning

..When deleting something I'm being left with a dot and, if continually
pressed, the key just produ.ces. a series of dots as this message shows!
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Roy wrote:
.When deleting something I'm being left with a dot and, if continually
pressed, the key just produ.ces. a series of dots as this message
shows! Please help.

Since it happens in other programs, such as the browser you used to post
this message, it isn't Word that causes it.

I suspect you need a new keyboard. Try borrowing one from another computer
to see if that makes the problem go away. If so, you'll find that
replacement keyboards are inexpensive.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman