Can I change the default view from "print layout" to "draft?"

Old April 23rd 07, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dick DeManss

Default Can I change the default view from "print layout" to "draft?"

Whenever I open MS Word, a blank document appears in the "print layout" view.
Can I change the default to be the "draft" view instead?
Old April 23rd 07, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aneasiertomorrow

Hi Dick

I use 2003 and Word remembers how I had it set when I last closed it and
opens accordingly but I presume you have tried that.

This article should help:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

Lucy

PS There is no 'Draft' view...
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too

Old April 23rd 07, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not quite so easy in Word 2007, where you have to find the option to "Allow
Draft view at startup" or "Allow opening in Draft view" or some such thing
in the Word Options.

"aneasiertomorrow" wrote in
message ...

Old April 23rd 07, 04:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

Yes, it's in Word Options. Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word
Options, click Advanced, scroll to bottom and under the General options,
select Allow opening a document in Draft view.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word