Nash

Default How to remove page number in part of a document?

How to remove page numbers only in part of a document? Word help suggests to
divide the documents into sections, which I have done, but one I delete
number in one sections numbers in other sections also disappear (it is
further suggested to break the connection between sections but no explanation
how to do it).

garfield-n-odie

Hi, Nash. You're on the right track. To "break the connection", click
somewhere in the section where you do not want page numbers, click on View |
Header and Footer, make sure you are in the correct section header or footer
(whichever your page number is in), turn off the "same as previous" button on
the Header and Footer toolbar (it's the fifth button from the right), do the
same thing to the footer, and do the same thing to the header and footer of
the following section. Then delete the page number from the header or footer
of the section where you don't want it.

"Nash" wrote:

How to remove page numbers only in part of a document? Word help suggests to
divide the documents into sections, which I have done, but one I delete
number in one sections numbers in other sections also disappear (it is
further suggested to break the connection between sections but no explanation
how to do it).

There is no "previous" unless you have inserted a section break. Page
numbers are a section property, but you can have up to three different
headers/footers in a given section, which gives you some more flexibility.
See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Nash" wrote:

How to remove page numbers only in part of a document? Word help

suggests to
divide the documents into sections, which I have done, but one I

delete
number in one sections numbers in other sections also disappear (it

is
further suggested to break the connection between sections but no

explanation
how to do it).

James Inman

This is no help at all... I tried the Feild Code thing and that didn't work
either... This page number in Word 2003 makes me want to look for another
program... There HAS to be a simpler way... It just pointless and stupid.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no "previous" unless you have inserted a section break. Page
numbers are a section property, but you can have up to three different
headers/footers in a given section, which gives you some more

flexibility.
See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.