Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fes Fes is offline

Default I hate the ribbon feature of the new office.

I really hate the way the ribbon is in the new office2007. To me, it is
really become a forced-on "dumb-o-matic" system for using office. I have been
ussing office for many years, and I don't like the new interface at all. Is
there a way to make the interface the way it was prior to the ribbon. I very
much like the way the interface was before. I don't like my screen/desktop
clutered with all that unecessary functionality. To be fair, I have OCD, and
the knucklehead that thought this change would be great, is someone who
should note be developing software for a end user. I hope they included a
feature that lets me put the interface the way I like to use Office, and not
the way some corporate bean counter has forced their interface on to me.
--
Thanks for answering my question.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. Or go directly to
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php if you want to try
the ribbon customizer. A third option, of course, is to go back to Word
2003.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Fes" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Fes,

There isn't a built in 'old school' menu system in Office 2007.
You'll find information in the customizing the ribbon article on
http://word.mvps.org
You can minimize the ribbon using Ctrl+F1 or double clicking on a ribbon tab title.

Microsoft has a 60 day free trial plus a 45 day money back guarantee for purchased retail editions of Office 2007, if you're unhappy
with your purchase. http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/prod...nd/refund.mspx

If your company has chosen to move to the Office 2007 version then the folks there would be the ones to speak to about 'forcing'
things on you.

=============
"Fes" wrote in message ...
I really hate the way the ribbon is in the new office2007. To me, it is
really become a forced-on "dumb-o-matic" system for using office. I have been
ussing office for many years, and I don't like the new interface at all. Is
there a way to make the interface the way it was prior to the ribbon. I very
much like the way the interface was before. I don't like my screen/desktop
clutered with all that unecessary functionality. To be fair, I have OCD, and
the knucklehead that thought this change would be great, is someone who
should note be developing software for a end user. I hope they included a
feature that lets me put the interface the way I like to use Office, and not
the way some corporate bean counter has forced their interface on to me.
--
Thanks for answering my question.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)