Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geekgrrl geekgrrl is offline

Default Two versions of Office on the same computer...

Hello,

I am running Vista and am having problems with Word. It opens but I do
not get a cursor.

I had Office 2007 Basic, which came pre-installed on my computer.
Needing Powerpoint, which Office Basic does not have, I also purchased
and installed Office Home and Student edition.

I also installed a another product that I use to create PDF files.
This was working for a while, then I ran into problems with it and had
to uninstall/re-install.

When uninstalling my PDF creator software, Word threw up an error
message saying "Word has encountered a problem". Since then Word
will open but I can never get a cursor, I can't type anything. I do
know that the pdf software does install/remove an add-in to Word. But
now, even with the pdf creator software removed, Word still doesn't
work.

Is it OK to have both version of Office installed? Can they work side-
by-side?

Thanks for any info!
Geekgrrl.