Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blue Seahorse Syndicate Blue Seahorse Syndicate is offline

Default How to make transparent headers as solid as original picture

The headers/footers additions make a great way to place letterheads onto a
form.
However, upon closing the headers tool the pictures and text pale into a
watermark.
Is there an adjustment to get the full density of pictures and text into
headers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's just the way Word works. When you are in the header/footer layer, the
document layer is dimmed, and vice versa. If you want a WYSIWYG view, you
can use Print Preview. If you want to send something WYSIWYG, send a PDF.

http://word.mvps.org

"Blue Seahorse Syndicate" Blue Seahorse
wrote in message
news
The headers/footers additions make a great way to place letterheads onto a
form.
However, upon closing the headers tool the pictures and text pale into a
watermark.
Is there an adjustment to get the full density of pictures and text into
headers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blue Seahorse Syndicate[_2_] Blue Seahorse Syndicate[_2_] is offline

That is what I wanted to know.

I hope Microsoft will take the suggestion to use this as letterhead document
as I cannot get my letterhead photo to lock anchor usually and when I do the
following pages break the anchor when the second page starts.

Thank you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's just the way Word works. When you are in the header/footer layer, the
document layer is dimmed, and vice versa. If you want a WYSIWYG view, you
can use Print Preview. If you want to send something WYSIWYG, send a PDF.

http://word.mvps.org

"Blue Seahorse Syndicate" Blue Seahorse
wrote in message
news
The headers/footers additions make a great way to place letterheads onto a
form.
However, upon closing the headers tool the pictures and text pale into a
watermark.
Is there an adjustment to get the full density of pictures and text into
headers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what you're saying, but see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm to see if it helps.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's just the way Word works. When you are in the header/footer layer,
the
document layer is dimmed, and vice versa. If you want a WYSIWYG view, you
can use Print Preview. If you want to send something WYSIWYG, send a PDF.

http://word.mvps.org

"Blue Seahorse Syndicate" Blue Seahorse
wrote in message
news
The headers/footers additions make a great way to place letterheads
onto a
form.
However, upon closing the headers tool the pictures and text pale into
watermark.
Is there an adjustment to get the full density of pictures and text
into
headers?

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member