Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bleau Bleau is offline

Default Word 2007 - How to animate text

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate text.
(Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Bleau

It is still there only behind the facade. Select the text. Open the VB
Editor then open the immediate window (ViewImmediate Window). Type in:

Selection.Font.Animation = wdAnimationMarchingRedAnts

or whichever you need and press enter.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bleau Bleau is offline

Thanks Jay. I wondered if it had been removed. That answers a lot becasue
I've been searching help and tutorials for days now.

I wonder if there's a place that states what has been REMOVED from these
lovely new applications. Sometimes, it would be helpful to know what is NOT
there just as much as what is there. Both equally important I think.

Once again many thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to text animation, some features that I know of that have been
removed are Fast Saves and the WordPerfect options (Help for WP users and
Navigation keys for WP users). In addition, the Line Style feature is no
longer available for drawing lines. Perhaps others can add other deprecated
features (not counting most of the useful parts of Help).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A fairly complete list is in the article
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc179199.aspx, the section
"What's removed", but it doesn't mention animations.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bleau Bleau is offline

Hi Jay
Thank you so much for the web site. It's also got the other office
applications: new, changes and removals etc: - absolutely marvellous. I've
certainly come away with much more than I was looking for. What a wonderful
site this is. Thanks also to the other pepes for their help.
This was my first posting, so I shall difintely be back again.

Happy computing folks.

Nite Nite - yawnnnnnnnnn!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That list (thanks for the link) includes "Blue background, white text,"
another we've fielded a number of questions about (but which I'd forgotten).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Bleau wrote:
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction on how to animate
text. (Marching Ants, Las Vagas etc.,)

It was in 2003 but I just can't find it in 2007.

Please help! sigh

It was removed and is no longer available.

There was an official reason and an unofficial reason -- officially,
Microsoft's collected statistics showed that animations were very
rarely
used, but unofficially it was acknowledged that the available
animations
were just plain irritating.

--
Regards,