Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roy[_6_] Roy[_6_] is offline

Default Cursor middle of document

When I open a new document in Word 2007 the cursor is always in the middle
of the
page. I start typing and the text goes up to the top of the page. How do I
make the cursor to appear at the top of the page in new document?

The advice on the internet is Go to File Page Setup Layout (in Word
2007, ) and change the Vertical
Alignment from Center to Top.

But in my case all these icon are greyed out.

Can anybody help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The advice you quoted is correct only up to Word 2003. For Word 2007, click
the Page Layout tab at the top of the ribbon. Then click the tiny arrow
button at the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group. (If that's too
hard to see, click the Margins button and choose Custom Margins from the
bottom of the dropdown.) In the Page Setup dialog, click the Layout tab and
change the Vertical Alignment from Center to Top.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Roy wrote:
When I open a new document in Word 2007 the cursor is always in the
middle of the
page. I start typing and the text goes up to the top of the page. How
do I make the cursor to appear at the top of the page in new document?

The advice on the internet is Go to File Page Setup Layout (in
Word 2007, ) and change the Vertical
Alignment from Center to Top.

But in my case all these icon are greyed out.

Can anybody help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Exit Word and then locate and rename the normal.dotm file. When you restart
Word, a fresh copy with factory default settings will be recreated.

To find normal.dotm, you can search in Windows (press Windows key + F); be
sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP