Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Katrina Ruth

Default How to scan pre-printed form to ADD TEXT WITHOUT changing origina

I have a pre-printed form that I could use my OLD TYPEWRITER to type onto.
But I want to scan it into my computer, perhaps into WORD(?), and then be
able to keyboard by answer to the questions on the pre-printed form without
changing the form, or causing the form to feed down onto another unwanted
page. Can someone help me? Or tell me the right words to succintly describe
what I'm trying to do in order to find the answer in Office Online Help,
please? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Step 1: Scan the form. This creates a picture of the original. Experiment
with the resolution and contrast settings of the scan, so you end up with a
file that is graphically acceptable, but not too large (a full page scanned
at high resolution is a HUGE file).

Step 2: Insert the scan into a Word document. Position and size it so that
when you print the Word document, it looks like the original form.

Step 3: Add text boxes where you want to insert the answers you'll type.
Format the textboxes as transparent and borderless.

Step 4: Decide that this is all a waste of time. What's wrong with using a
typewriter?

"Katrina Ruth" Katrina wrote in message
I have a pre-printed form that I could use my OLD TYPEWRITER to type onto.
But I want to scan it into my computer, perhaps into WORD(?), and then be
able to keyboard by answer to the questions on the pre-printed form
without
changing the form, or causing the form to feed down onto another unwanted
page. Can someone help me? Or tell me the right words to succintly
describe
what I'm trying to do in order to find the answer in Office Online Help,
please? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Word is not well-suited to doing this. The scanner software that came with
my Visioneer scanner does a good job and I'm sure there are other
applications that work well too. Word isn't one of them, though. It will be
a lot of work and not real satisfactory.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.