Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kat

Default best letterhead graphic format?

I remember reading someone's suggestions for the best format to use
considering size, crispness of edges, etc. I am thinking it was either PNZ
or EMZ.

Does this sound right? Any other suggestions?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

You're probably thinking of PNG, which will probably serve the purpose if the
graphic is solid color areas such as a logo might be. If the image is more
like a photograph or has gradient coloring, TIFF images will print better
(although jpegs are smaller files).

HTH |:)

"kat" wrote:

I remember reading someone's suggestions for the best format to use
considering size, crispness of edges, etc. I am thinking it was either PNZ
or EMZ.

Does this sound right? Any other suggestions?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kat

Yup, I typoed PNG. Thanks, I really appreciate your input.

I remember reading someone's tutorial regarding letterhead and best image
format. I guess I was also trying to track down that article since it isn't
an easy search in my "history" folder. The main point was to try and
minimize quality loss without using a large file (like tiff)

"kat" wrote:

I remember reading someone's suggestions for the best format to use
considering size, crispness of edges, etc. I am thinking it was either PNZ
or EMZ.

Does this sound right? Any other suggestions?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320314 "Description of the
guidelines for selecting the appropriate picture format in an
Office XP program".