Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chongchong Chongchong is offline

Default Insert Hyperlink - Place in This Document

In Word, if the style of some texts is Heading n, for example, Heading 1,
Heading 2, Heading 3... then if you click Insert, and then click Hyperlink,
and on the Place in This Document tab, you will see the "bookmarks" of these
headings. I used the quotation mark here, as they are not bookmarks in the
real sense.

Certain characters, e.g. punctuations, or spaces are not allowed in the
bookmarks. But if you change the style to Heading n, almost all characters
are allowed.

Is it possible to manually add these links? I have a document with a lot of
headings, but the styles are not Heading n, and each of these headings start
with numbering, for example, 1.3.2. I want to create a hyperlink for every
heading. I cannot change its style, as there are many styles in the document,
and one is dependent upon the other. If I change the style, the formatting
will look very different, which is not what I want.

I would apppreciate it if someone can give some suggestions or direct me to
other sources that can help.