tab changes margin settings!

Old February 21st 18, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Default tab changes margin settings!

Word2007. The publisher wants paragraph indentation done with a tab character,
not with paragraph formatting. This has never been a problem before -- but all
of a sudden, making a tab the first character of a paragraph indents the left
margin of the first line, instead of entering a tab character.

I'm sure that somewhere in the "Word options" I've seen a way to turn that off,
but it has totally disappeared.

Where is it?
Old February 22nd 18, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 3:31:06 PM UTC-5, Charles K. Kenyon wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;497147 Wrote:

Word2007. The publisher wants paragraph indentation done with a tab
character,
not with paragraph formatting. This has never been a problem before --
but all
of a sudden, making a tab the first character of a paragraph indents the
left
margin of the first line, instead of entering a tab character.

I'm sure that somewhere in the "Word options" I've seen a way to turn
that off,
but it has totally disappeared.

Where is it?

Pizza Button
Word Options
Proofing
AutoCorrect Options (button)
AutoFormat as you type

Uncheck the box at the bottom for setting indents with tab and backspace
key.

Intuitive? Not!

Thanks! I wonder how it got changed. Maybe a finger slipped when I was putting
in my regular langauge language and a few other words after a new installation.

Can't change margin settings MaryL New Users 7 January 14th 10 05:45 PM
Margin settings Butchai Page Layout 1 September 28th 09 02:52 PM
Different margin settings on odd and even pages Dave Microsoft Word Help 2 March 13th 09 08:31 PM
Default Margin Settings thdigby Microsoft Word Help 1 February 29th 08 10:43 AM
How to change margin settings Jane Microsoft Word Help 2 April 8th 05 07:48 AM