How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

Old September 13th 17, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 8:58:01 AM UTC-7, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Microsoft was no help (no surprise) but these guys have the exact instructions: https://wordmvp.com/FAQs/General/Fin...Characters.htm
Old November 17th 17, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 7:56:03 AM UTC+11, marysully wrote:
Do you mean the paragraph markers that show up when the show/hide key
(paragraph symbol located on the standard toolbar) is activated. Just click
on that button on the toolbar and the marks will go away. I like using the
paragraph marks when formatting. Also, they never print out.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

If they're on _every_ line, then you're probably looking at text
downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
that Word can be a proper word processor.

If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
(^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
(such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
(^p).

(If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
empty.)

Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
a typewriter? Don't do that.

On Feb 11, 10:58 am, Kathleen
wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

.

Thank you!!
Old November 20th 17, 09:45 AM
JORDAN DIN JORDAN DIN is offline

The problem shared above occurs when teh message MS word not responding occurs on the screen.
A user can easily solve this issue by clicking on teh given link-

https://notresponding.net/microsoft-word-not-working/
Old December 20th 17, 04:06 PM
Harriet27 Harriet27 is offline

Location: New York

Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?
Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
Click Display.
Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen, select the check box for each formatting mark that you always want to display, regardless if the Show/Hide button is turned on or turned off.
Old February 10th 18, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:58:01 PM UTC+8, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Ctrl+Shift+8 worked for me, thank u
Old May 2nd 18, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:58:01 PM UTC+8, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Press command and then press all the numbers including zero(still holding command).