Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rufusbabe rufusbabe is offline

Default HELP! Limiting word count in a textbox!? (Word 2003)

Hi,
I have a textbox in a word (2003) document. I need to limit the amount of
words/characters in this textbox. i.e the user is typing away and when it
hits the limited word count it automatically stops typing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I know I can limit the textbox
size etc but I need to limit the word count. (Maybe with a Macro or
something?)

Anyone that could help with this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arbab Arbab is offline

Dearjust enable the design mode right click on it and go to the properties

now you see textbox configuration just find the Max lenth you see it is (0)
its mean we can insert unlimited text set 10, 20, 80, & 40 this is the max
quantity of alphabets you can type, as per you the limited quantity

Arbab

"rufusbabe" wrote:

Hi,
I have a textbox in a word (2003) document. I need to limit the amount of
words/characters in this textbox. i.e the user is typing away and when it
hits the limited word count it automatically stops typing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I know I can limit the textbox
size etc but I need to limit the word count. (Maybe with a Macro or
something?)

Anyone that could help with this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rufusbabe rufusbabe is offline

There is no design mode in Word 2003. There is also no 'Max Length' option in
the properties menu. I guess you can't do it in Word 2003.

"rufusbabe" wrote:

Hi,
I have a textbox in a word (2003) document. I need to limit the amount of
words/characters in this textbox. i.e the user is typing away and when it
hits the limited word count it automatically stops typing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I know I can limit the textbox
size etc but I need to limit the word count. (Maybe with a Macro or
something?)

Anyone that could help with this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The answer you were given evidently describes a text form field as opposed
to an ordinary text box.

http://word.mvps.org

"rufusbabe" wrote:

Hi,
I have a textbox in a word (2003) document. I need to limit the amount
of
words/characters in this textbox. i.e the user is typing away and when
it
hits the limited word count it automatically stops typing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I know I can limit the
textbox
size etc but I need to limit the word count. (Maybe with a Macro or
something?)

Anyone that could help with this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arbab Arbab is offline

Dear rufusbabe i just gona say..........
kindly press Alt+V+T then press three time down arrow(†“) then press enter
or
go to the VIEW then TOOLBAR then click CONTROL TOOL BOX
then you see a toolbar you can find DesignMode on this toolbar
nothing is impossible

if you want to edit TEXTBOX first you have to see the DesignMode is enable
or not. then you can edit its script.

Arbab