Summer

Default How do I customize bullets and numbering in an existing document?

A large existing document is numbered in sections (5.1, 5.1.1, 5.1.2, etc.) I
have removed one section i.e. 4.1 and so on. The numbers didn't change
automatically and I have tried going into customize to change numbers from
this point forward but it seems to have a mind of its own!! I don't think the
numbering in the document was originally formatted correctly. Any advice
would be helpful.
I am working on Microsoft Office Word 2003.

Stefan Blom

Set up numbering according to the instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Summer" wrote in message
A large existing document is numbered in sections (5.1, 5.1.1,

5.1.2, etc.) I
have removed one section i.e. 4.1 and so on. The numbers didn't

change
automatically and I have tried going into customize to change

numbers from
this point forward but it seems to have a mind of its own!! I don't

think the
numbering in the document was originally formatted correctly. Any

advice
would be helpful.
I am working on Microsoft Office Word 2003.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Summer

Follow the steps given at
How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word
document
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.