Martina

Default How do I reuse the empty labels on my Avery stationery?

It often happens that I don't use up a sheet of labels. Now I have hundreds
of sheets of half-used stationery with most of the labels in the middle of
the sheet. I would like to match these by putting addresses on a label layout
on the template but the Autoformat function doesn't allow it. Does anybody
know how to save and use a blank label template? I can't find anything
similiar to the way Wordperfect does this function.
Doug Robbins

You don't say whether you are using mailmerge or just creating the labels
directly in Word. In the latter case, after selecting the label type, click
on New Document and you will get a document containing a sheet of labels.
If you don't see the labels, select Show Gridlines from the Tables menu
(Labels are only tables with fixed cell dimensions) and then enter the data
into the cells in the table that correspond to the unused labels.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Martina" wrote in message
It often happens that I don't use up a sheet of labels. Now I have
hundreds
of sheets of half-used stationery with most of the labels in the middle of
the sheet. I would like to match these by putting addresses on a label
layout
on the template but the Autoformat function doesn't allow it. Does
anybody
know how to save and use a blank label template? I can't find anything
similiar to the way Wordperfect does this function.

Avery labels L7162 print too far up the label - looks OK in print. Tracy W Microsoft Word Help 0 April 21st 05 11:49 AM
Labels Avery 8160 caroline New Users 3 March 8th 05 06:40 AM
labels - Avery 5166 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 04:19 PM
bar codes into avery labels 5160 like 2162 labels in ms word all. jim a Mailmerge 1 January 4th 05 10:15 AM
Why can't I use Mail Merge Wizard with Avery 2160 labels?. Andy39 Mailmerge 1 December 10th 04 02:19 AM