Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattinglyC MattinglyC is offline

Default Allow user to insert image(s) in a protected form

I have a protected form that is placed on a Web site for user's to complete
and e-mail back to me. Up until now, it has been created using Word2003, and
saved as an RTF so that everyone can open it easily in any processor
application.

I need to update the form, to allow the user to insert 1-3 images. I can't
seem to provide this option without unprotecting the form, which I don't want
to do because the form has disclaimers and legal speak on it.

With Word2007, I can add an image box, but only users with Word2007 can
insert images. Even 2003 users with the service pack can't insert images.
Since I need to make this accessible to everyone, I'm stuck. I've even tried
to create a PDF, but PDF won't allow image inserts either.

Any suggestions would be a tremendous help.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I believe you can use a macro to accomplish that. Ask in a programming
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for knowledgeable
assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MattinglyC" wrote:

I have a protected form that is placed on a Web site for user's to complete
and e-mail back to me. Up until now, it has been created using Word2003, and
saved as an RTF so that everyone can open it easily in any processor
application.

I need to update the form, to allow the user to insert 1-3 images. I can't
seem to provide this option without unprotecting the form, which I don't want
to do because the form has disclaimers and legal speak on it.

With Word2007, I can add an image box, but only users with Word2007 can
insert images. Even 2003 users with the service pack can't insert images.
Since I need to make this accessible to everyone, I'm stuck. I've even tried
to create a PDF, but PDF won't allow image inserts either.

Any suggestions would be a tremendous help.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattinglyC MattinglyC is offline

Thank you Stefan...

We actually found that in 2007, you can unprotect sections of a document.
So after placing section breaks and protecting all but the images section we
were able to save the document as an RTF file and have the protection work
with any version of Word.
--
MattinglyC

"MattinglyC" wrote:

I have a protected form that is placed on a Web site for user's to complete
and e-mail back to me. Up until now, it has been created using Word2003, and
saved as an RTF so that everyone can open it easily in any processor
application.

I need to update the form, to allow the user to insert 1-3 images. I can't
seem to provide this option without unprotecting the form, which I don't want
to do because the form has disclaimers and legal speak on it.

With Word2007, I can add an image box, but only users with Word2007 can
insert images. Even 2003 users with the service pack can't insert images.
Since I need to make this accessible to everyone, I'm stuck. I've even tried
to create a PDF, but PDF won't allow image inserts either.

Any suggestions would be a tremendous help.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, leaving one or more sections unprotected is the easiest way to deal
with this. But note that an unprotected section can be edited freely by
users.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP