Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default Skip Numbering

In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word 2007?

--
Paul Gauci
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to skip numbering, the easiest way is to apply a style which is
not numbered. For example, you can press Ctrl+Shift+N to apply the Normal
style.

FWIW, I don't know how the Skip Numbering command is supposed to work; as
you've noticed, it doesn't seem to work at all.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word 2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Stefan

I used it often in Word XP and Word 2003 and it is a most convenient
command. The corresponding icon is available in 2007 but as I pointed out it
does not seem to work.

Thanks

Paul

--
Paul Gauci

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word 2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The way it's evidently supposed to work is to create a numbered item without
a number. I find this anomalous and confusing. Given that Word has provided
the List Continue set of styles to coordinate with the List, List Number,
and List Bullet styles, I feel it is preferable to use these (or Body Text,
as required) instead of just removing the number from a "numbered" style.

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word 2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

I see your point, but since I often need to use as much as nine different
types of List Numbers and List Bullets styles, the 'Skip Numbering' command
comes in very handy. Otherwise I would have to create different un-numbered
or un-bulleted paragraph styles (of different indentations).

This would then make my templates cumbersome for me and difficult to
comprehend for co-workers who may need to use my templates.

Ultimately, I would expect the command to work if it is included in the
package.

Thanks

Paul

--
Paul Gauci

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word 2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, it seems to be a redundant feature... But I'm curious to learn if
you ever got it to work, when testing it?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word
2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

In 2003 it worked perfectly. I loaded the corresponding icon in a floating
toolbar together with List Number and List Bullet icons and used it quite a
lot.

--
Paul Gauci

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
In my Word 2007 the Skip Numbering command (I have included the
corresponding
green button in the QAT) does not work. Is this a problem with Word
2007?

--
Paul Gauci

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you can certainly suppress a number or bullet by placing the insertion
point at the beginning of the paragraph and pressing Delete once. But it
would be better to use the List Continue styles, as Suzanne suggested.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP