Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
N. Vu N. Vu is offline

Default View Doc as Final & Save, it but when you open it up, shows Markup

After opening a document, it opens in Markup View. I drop down, Final View
and it disappears and then I save it that way. But when I open up my
document again, the Mark ups show up again. HOw do I keep my Word 2007
setting to only show the Final Version View when I open up a file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

N. Vu wrote:
After opening a document, it opens in Markup View. I drop down,
Final View and it disappears and then I save it that way. But when I
open up my document again, the Mark ups show up again. HOw do I keep
my Word 2007 setting to only show the Final Version View when I open
up a file?

I can tell you how, but first I'm going to warn you that it's like walking
around with a gun pointed at your foot and with the safety catch open. Read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ckChanges.html
to find out some of the bad things that can happen if you forget you have
tracked changes in the document.

If you read that and you still don't care, then here's how to "open the
safety catch":

Go to Office button Word Options Trust Center Trust Center Settings
Privacy Options. In the section "Document-specific settings", uncheck the
option "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default View Doc as Final & Save, it but when you open it up, shows Ma

Thanks for that solution, Jay. I have struggled with the track changes for
several years. I don't normally share electronic documents. My problem deals
with PRINTING these documents. With tracked changes turned on, the default
setting to display and print "showing markup" has ruined many a printout,
when I missed making teh change in the print dialog box.
I can't wait to try this solution to see if it will turn OFF the "document
showing markup" in teh print dialog box.

Thanks for sharing this method.