Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Taxed Mind Taxed Mind is offline

Default No ctrl+alt+key keyboard combinations in Word anymore!!

Am using Windows XP and Office 2003. The keyboard on my HP Pavilion laptop
is of the Finnish / Swedish layout. This means that on many of the number
keys along the top of the keyboard there are two further symbols. So as well
as the numbers obviously I can press shift+key and get !"#¤%&()= or I can
press ctrl+alt+key and get @£${[]} .

As evidenced here the keys work fine in Internet Explorer, Notepad, Excel,
etc. However the ctrl+alt+key combinations have recently stopped working in
Word, irritating as Word is my email editor and I cannot type @ !

Any suggestions as to how I can turn these key back on.

You help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie Granat Bonnie Granat is offline

Might be your Keyboard Shortcuts have disappeared, so you need to make new
ones.

1. Tools Customize.
2. Click Keyboard at the bottom of the Customize dialog box.
3. Under Categories, click Insert.
4. Under Commands, click Symbol.
5. Click the Symbol button under the Press New Shortcut Key field.
6. Choose the symbol and click OK
7. Click in the Press New Shortcut Key field.
8. Click Assign.
9. Click Close.
Press the keyboard combination you want for that symbol (presuming that
there's nothing shown under Current Keys).
Click Assign,