Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JDMorgan

Default Creating index for CD from Word

Need Help:

I have created an index .html file to organize and distribute many .pdf
files. But, i don't know how to set this up for distro on a CD. I can
insert a hyperlink to my files without problem, but when I copy the files
over to the cd to burn, it breaks the links, because the links are still
looking for the copy on my hard drive. Basically, how can I set up my
hyperlinks so they work on a cd(no matter if the users drive is d, e, etc....)

thanks,
jdm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi jdm

JDMorgan wrote:
I have created an index .html file to organize and distribute many .pdf
files. But, i don't know how to set this up for distro on a CD. I can
insert a hyperlink to my files without problem, but when I copy the files
over to the cd to burn, it breaks the links, because the links are still
looking for the copy on my hard drive. Basically, how can I set up my
hyperlinks so they work on a cd(no matter if the users drive is d, e, etc....)

The link must be relative (i.e., no path information in the link,
easiest if the target files reside in the same folder than the index
itself).

Personally, I'd prepare such an index.html file in a different, more
code-oriented editor where I'm sure I have full control (or post-process
Word's code in there, at least, and strip out all link paths if need
be). Without specifying which version of Word you are using, there's not
much else I could add here, I'm afraid.

HTH
Robert
--