Word Compatibility Mode

Old May 26th 19, 01:50 PM
Jenn68 Jenn68 is offline

Default Word Compatibility Mode

I had previously created a series of mail merge documents using a perviuous version of Microsoft Office, I am now using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019.

These documents as well as all others created by Word 2016, despite having .docx extensions, open with "[Compatibility Mode] in the document title bar. This also is the case on a computer, I believe, running Office 2016.

I've opened the files, resaved them with MO2019 yet they chronically open in compatibility mode.

I have read about the normal.dotm file, which I had renamed allowing Word to recreate it, yet it still continues to be an issue.

Any suggestions?

Cross posted in part here ... http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-m...via-excel.html

Last edited by Jenn68 : May 26th 19 at 02:03 PM.
Old May 26th 19, 02:03 PM
Jenn68 Jenn68 is offline

Originally Posted by Jenn68 View Post
I have read alot the normal.dotm file, which I had renamed allowing Word to recreate it, yet it still continues to be an issue.

Any suggestions?
Turns out my source with instructions to rename and recreate the normal.dotm file forgot to mention ..

Open up said document, and convert, before resaving. Looks like I found my own solution, bu thanks for providing the opportunity.