Keyboard Shortcut to check and uncheck "Show all formatting marks"

Old December 22nd 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Behrens

Default Keyboard Shortcut to check and uncheck "Show all formatting marks"

I can't find this command in the 'customize keyboard shortcuts' dialog box.
Maybe it's because the check box is in an unusual place:

Office Menu Word Options Button Display Show All Formatting Marks

Any suggestions as to how I can attach a keyboard shortcut to check AND
uncheck this one?

Thanks,

-Mike Behrens-
Old December 22nd 08, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Astrid

Hi Mike,

The category you want is View, the command is ShowAll.

Kind regards,
Astrid

Old December 22nd 08, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

In Word 2007, instead of the View category, the ShowAll command is in the Home
Tab category (it corresponds to the button).

And the default shortcut already assigned to the command in all versions of Word
is Ctrl+* (sometimes written as Ctrl+Shift+8). Press it repeatedly to turn the
formatting marks on and off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old December 24th 08, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Behrens

Default Keyboard Shortcut to check and uncheck "Show all formatting ma

Thanks everyone.

This is just what I was looking for.

-Mike-