mpt

Default Large space between footnote and 2-inch line separating footnote from body of text on page

I just created a footnote in Word 2003 and unfortunately there is now a
large 5-inch blank space between the text of the footnote and the 2-inch
line that separates the footnotes from the body of the text.

I'm baffled by this.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the line and the footnotes back together
with no white space, please?

Richard

mpt

I found the answer under "help" at "Change or remove a footnote or endnote
separator ."

Selecting footnote seperator in the footnote pane allowed me to find and
delete all those extra carriage returns.

Richard