Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CLY

Default Pleading numbers are gone

When I add a header to a pleading document and set the header on 1st page
different in the page set up, the pleading numbers on the first page
disappear. Please advise how to fix it. Thanks.
--
cly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

The pleading numbers are in a text box. Just copy the text box
from the second-page header and paste it back into the first-page
header.

CLY wrote:

When I add a header to a pleading document and set the header on 1st page
different in the page set up, the pleading numbers on the first page
disappear. Please advise how to fix it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CLY

Thank you, will try you way. I have tried fixing it by unchecking the
different first page on the Page Set up. The pleading on page 1 re-appeared,
then I created different sections for page 1 and 2, such that I was able to
make different header on them. It worked, though may not be a good way.
Would appreciate advice why the pleadings disappear when different first page
is checked.
--
cly

CLY wrote:

When I add a header to a pleading document and set the header on 1st page
different in the page set up, the pleading numbers on the first page
disappear. Please advise how to fix it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You do _not_ want separate sections. This will make the situation even more
complicated. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm

In your document the pleading numbers are in the header, but not in the
"first-page header." When you check different first page, your header
becomes the continuation page header and a blank first-page header is
displayed.

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions.

Hope this helps,
--