Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LarryMac LarryMac is offline

Default Style doesn't apply correctly in text box

I am using a text box to create pull quotes in a book in Word 2007.

I have styled the text to have 3 pt borders at the top and bottom. During
creation of the document, I experimented with different size borders.

Now, while all the borders in the document are set to the style of 3 pt and
all clearly appear as such, when I print to PDF many of the boxes have 1 pt
or other border settings.

When I attempt to modify the style, I can see the different changes, but
still the PDF has the wrong settings for many of the boxes. The style sheet
says the style is not in use, but if I change it, all the pull quotes change.
Is it the case that if a text box was styled manually, and you changed the
style, it would not change the manually set text box? Is there a way to
overcome this?

I would also like to know if there is any way to search all the text boxes
and confirm that the "expand to fit text" is checked.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

At least there is no known solution, possibly because no one has seen the
problem. Which application is being used to generate the PDF? Have you
considered asking in a forum devoted to your PDF software (assuming there is
one)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP