Rob D

Default prompt for document properties

I'm using word 2002, and know that i can set it to prompt for a document
properties dialog box to pop up when i save a new document. However, i also
want this to happen when "save as". However, it seems my "new document" is
not treated as a new one because the dialog box doesn't come up when i save
it, and if i check the properties manually, it appears that it brings the
properties from the original document with it. Is there a way around this so
that i can still have the dialog box pop up when i "save as" a new document
name?
Iryssa

Rob,
The only thing I can think of is that you're opening an old document and
simply deleting everything in it to start off with a blank slate. Instead,
open Word from your Start menu and it should bring up a blank page.
Alternatively, start from a previously made document, but go to your File
menu and select "New."

If you aren't starting from an old document, then I'm not sure why you're
having this problem. Perhaps it's a glitch in that version of Word?

~Iryssa