Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick B

Default Onscreen display does not show top margin...

In Word 2003, I am using the Print Layout View. Recently, my screen has
changed. My documents have a top margin of 1". The document does print
with a 1" margin at the top. Print preview shows the margin, but when I
view my document in the normal Print Layout View, there is not an inch of
white space displayed above my text. While editing/viewing my document, the
first line of text is shown at the very top of my screen.

I can't find a setting to change this. It is almost like Word is trying to
maximize my viewing area by not showing me margins.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get back my WYSIWYG view?

Thanks!!

--
Rick B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
luc

Rick,
Not sure but maybe this will help:
http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm
Luc
"Rick B" Anonymous schreef in bericht
In Word 2003, I am using the Print Layout View. Recently, my screen has
changed. My documents have a top margin of 1". The document does print
with a 1" margin at the top. Print preview shows the margin, but when I
view my document in the normal Print Layout View, there is not an inch of
white space displayed above my text. While editing/viewing my document,
the first line of text is shown at the very top of my screen.

I can't find a setting to change this. It is almost like Word is trying
to maximize my viewing area by not showing me margins.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get back my WYSIWYG view?

Thanks!!

--
Rick B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick B

Thanks to you both. that was it!

Have a great weekend,

--
Rick B

Rick B wrote:
In Word 2003, I am using the Print Layout View. Recently, my screen
has changed. My documents have a top margin of 1". The document
does print with a 1" margin at the top. Print preview shows the
margin, but when I view my document in the normal Print Layout View,
there is not an inch of white space displayed above my text. While
editing/viewing my document, the first line of text is shown at the
very top of my screen.
I can't find a setting to change this. It is almost like Word is
trying to maximize my viewing area by not showing me margins.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get back my WYSIWYG
view?
Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Phil B

Thanks all - I've had the same problem for months and found your question and
solutions. Much appreciated. Phil B