Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lhartney

Default How to anchor header/footers

How do you anchor a rectangle to a header/footer? I am drawing a rectangle
for use as the page border. I want the border and the header/footer locked
down. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Activate headers and footers. Draw the rectangle. By default Word will
anchor the graphic to the paragraph in the header or footer that is nearest
the top left of the rectangle; you can drag the anchor to any header or
footer paragraph. You can lock the anchor to that paragraph, but headers and
footers tend to be pretty stable anyway so there's usually no need.