Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacia S Stacia S is offline

Default Maintaining File and Path Name in Footers when Emailing Document

My department deals with contracts/agreement that are sent to various people
for signature. We always insert the file and path name in the footer of our
contracts/agreements and most times the document is then emailed to a person
and they are asked to print, sign and return to us. When the recipient print
the document from their email, the file and path name no longer reads the
same - it will have a path that lead to the C drive, which we are not allowed
to save to. Is there a way to insert the file and path name on our documents
so they will stay accurate when they are then emailed to and printed by
another person?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Go ahead and insert the File and Path name in your footer, but before you
email it away, change the field to text by selecting the text and pressing
CTRL+SHIFT+F9

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Stacia S" wrote in message
My department deals with contracts/agreement that are sent to various people
for signature. We always insert the file and path name in the footer of our
contracts/agreements and most times the document is then emailed to a person
and they are asked to print, sign and return to us. When the recipient
print
the document from their email, the file and path name no longer reads the
same - it will have a path that lead to the C drive, which we are not
allowed
to save to. Is there a way to insert the file and path name on our
documents
so they will stay accurate when they are then emailed to and printed by
another person?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacia S Stacia S is offline

Default Maintaining File and Path Name in Footers when Emailing Docume

Thanks Dawn! I just tried this with a test document and it worked perfectly.