David

Default Setting document-specific options in Word 2003

For my work, I need to know which options provided under Tools | Options in
Word 2003 (e.g., View, Edit, Print, Save, Compatibility, etc.) are
document-specific and which are user-specific. Is there any way of
determining this?

thanks,
David

All of the Compatibility options are document-specific (though in this
dialog you can set an application default that will apply to *new*
documents).

All of the other options are global *except* the following:

Spelling & Grammar tab: "Hide spelling errors in this document" and "Hide
grammatical errors in this document."

Print tab: the settings in the section "Options for current document only."

Security tab: the options on the top half of the tab, for sure, and at least
some of those at the bottom (I think). This is not well documented, if at
all.

Save tab: Global and document settings are jumbled together, but I *think*
these are for the current document only:

* Embed TrueType fonts (and associated check boxes when it is enabled)

* Save data only for forms

* Embed linguistic data

* Embed smart tags? (not sure about this one)

* Disable features introduced after...