#1   Report Post  

Default Shortcut key for maco word 2013

FOUND IT THANKS

I have looked at prev posts. I have had a icon for a shortcut to my template macro on my ribbon for a long time and it worked. ( Not view macros) . It was no longer working as I had to recreate the macro again. I deleted it and I cant remember how to re create it. It was an icon in the shape of a triangel, not solid lines.
Can anyone refer me to instructions please? What question should I be asking in google? Above?

Many thanks

Last edited by kaye123 : May 7th 13 at 10:13 AM
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Shortcut key for maco word 2013

To (re-)create a keyboard shortcut, see the "Add a keyboard shortcut?"
section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

FOUND IT THANKS

I have looked at prev posts. I have had a icon for a shortcut to my
template macro on my ribbon for a long time and it worked. ( Not view
macros) . It was no longer working as I had to recreate the macro again.
I deleted it and I cant remember how to re create it. It was an icon in
the shape of a triangel, not solid lines.
Can anyone refer me to instructions please? What question should I be
asking in google? Above?

Many thanks

--
kaye123

#3   Report Post  

Thanks Stefan
This is my old problem. It was working correctly. I have recreated my macro in my global template and it should work. I have screenshots step by step that I used to create it before. So don’t need to go through this again. I took up too much of your time before,

I don't want a keyword shortcut, rather an icon on the ribbon.(default icon) I incorrectly set it up. When I tried to use it I have a message that "it cannot be found in my settings”. But I was never in popular commands and this was my problem. I cant see where I have done it. I need to know how to remove the incorrect shortcut and I am afraid I will delete something important. I can’t see a new group I created with the name of the shortcut called Normal. Module1.Endnote format.

I couldn’t follow much of the link you gave me (I have word 2013) when setting up the macro but I can see what I did wrong when setting up the shortcut although the commands are different. One thing I didn’t do was to tick the developer tools and also in the trust centre I clicked VBA commands.(have never done this even when it was working) But this just gives me another way of getting into view macro and run which is already on my ribbon. Is this important?.

I have since set it up correctly I think but not working properly. I should have a number (not superscript) 3 spaces and then I can use a reference that when three lines long and they will be blocked nicely.(wrapped)

My macro is set up properly and sitting in global template. I run it. This does give me problems when I close a document where I have not run macro and when I am in a hurry I must have clicked “do not save normal template”

I did have another step. I was given in one attachment. I should create another InsertFootnote macro. Add sub name Insert FootnotNow with the same code. It intercepts footnote command in the footnote group on the reference tab. Does this go before thid code and does it need to be closed at the bottom. I can’t remember ?
Sub FootNoteFormat() *** note that this command () is automatically put into the code
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Footnotes.Count
.Footnotes(i).Reference.Style = "Footnote Reference"
With .Footnotes(i).Range
With .ParagraphFormat
.Style = "Footnote Text"
.Reset
.TabStops.ClearAll
.LeftIndent = CentimetersToPoints(0.75)
.FirstLineIndent = CentimetersToPoints(-0.75)
.LineSpacingRule = wdLineSpaceSingle
.TabStops.Add CentimetersToPoints(0.75)
End With
With .Font
.Reset
.Name = "Times New Roman"
.Size = 9
.Superscript = False
End With
End With
.Footnotes(i).Range.InsertBefore vbTab
Next i