Linda N

Default Stop text from wrapping when the font size is decreased in WORD

I have a 118 page document with 7 distinct sections. I have created headers
for each sections. The headers are defined as ODD or EVEN page headers. On
the second line of the header I have inserted two StyleRef Fields and am
using a Arial size 8 font. On one of my headers these fields truncate or
wrap so that you can not see the second Field. This is in both Print Layout
or Preview Preview Mode. What is strange that when I change to font size to
10 the Fields show up fine. I need to have the font size as 8 for the
project.

Does anyone have any advice? I have searched high and low and can not find
an answer. Thanks.
CyberTaz

Hi Linda-

How do the pages actually Print?

If they print OK, you might first try using a higher level of Zoom in
either/both of those views. Displays can't always put stuff where it is
supposed to be based on resolution, dot pitch,etc.

If a different zoom setting doesn't help or the doc won't print correctly,
there is obviously more at play.

Good Luck |:)

"Linda N" wrote:

I have a 118 page document with 7 distinct sections. I have created headers
for each sections. The headers are defined as ODD or EVEN page headers. On
the second line of the header I have inserted two StyleRef Fields and am
using a Arial size 8 font. On one of my headers these fields truncate or
wrap so that you can not see the second Field. This is in both Print Layout
or Preview Preview Mode. What is strange that when I change to font size to
10 the Fields show up fine. I need to have the font size as 8 for the
project.

Does anyone have any advice? I have searched high and low and can not find
an answer. Thanks.

Stefan Blom

Perhaps something has happened with the field codes? Have you tried to
delete and then reinsert the STYLEREF fields?

If everything else fails, try some of the methods to get rid of
document corruption in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm, especially the
section titled "How can I fix a corrupt document?".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Linda N" wrote:

I have a 118 page document with 7 distinct sections. I have

created headers
for each sections. The headers are defined as ODD or EVEN page

headers. On
the second line of the header I have inserted two StyleRef

Fields and am
using a Arial size 8 font. On one of my headers these fields

truncate or
wrap so that you can not see the second Field. This is in both

Print Layout
or Preview Preview Mode. What is strange that when I change to

font size to
10 the Fields show up fine. I need to have the font size as 8

for the
project.

Does anyone have any advice? I have searched high and low and

can not find
an answer. Thanks.

Linda N.

We did try deleting and reinserting the STYLEREF and this did not work. I to
know that this is a very old document that has been converted several times
to different versions of WORD so I will read the document on corrupt
documents to see if I find anything that will help.
Thanks.

"Linda N" wrote:

I have a 118 page document with 7 distinct sections. I have

created headers
for each sections. The headers are defined as ODD or EVEN page

headers. On
the second line of the header I have inserted two StyleRef

Fields and am
using a Arial size 8 font. On one of my headers these fields

truncate or
wrap so that you can not see the second Field. This is in both

Print Layout
or Preview Preview Mode. What is strange that when I change to

font size to
10 the Fields show up fine. I need to have the font size as 8

for the
project.

Does anyone have any advice? I have searched high and low and

can not find
an answer. Thanks.

Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Linda N" wrote:

[...]

How to stop text from wrapping in a form? Joey Page Layout 1 June 20th 05 05:12 PM
default font size for the return address on an envelope? annpayt Microsoft Word Help 7 January 13th 05 03:47 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
I cannot get font size 6 in Word 2003? JohnCR Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 12:12 PM