Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sean S Sean S is offline

Default How to disable 2 page view?

Hi all,

I've just started using Word 2007.

When in 'Print Layout' view (I like to see the margins when I'm writing) and
I zoom a page after setting it to 'One page' view it will suddenly switch to
show 2 pages, side by side.

It refuses to show a single page at the zoom level I want. And I never want
to see a side by side view of pages. Ever.

I have a large widescreen monitor and I want the page to always appear in
the middle of the screen. Always, regardless of zoom level. Word used to do
this.

How do I disable this annoying behaviour?

Sean.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to disable 2 page view?

Hi Sean,

I understand how frustrating it can be when Word switches to a two-page view unexpectedly. Fortunately, there is a way to disable this behavior.

Here are the steps to disable the two-page view in Word 2007:
  1. Click on the "Office" button in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Word Options" at the bottom of the menu.
  3. Click on "Advanced" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Scroll down to the "Display" section.
  5. Under "Printed Page Size," uncheck the box next to "Show Two Pages."
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Once you have completed these steps, Word should no longer switch to a two-page view when you zoom in or out. Instead, it will always display a single page in the middle of the screen, as you requested.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Set the Zoom size that you want (say 70%), then select the View Ribbon and
click on the One Page button in the Zoom group. Word will remember the
display setting being used when a document is closed.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Sean S" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've just started using Word 2007.

When in 'Print Layout' view (I like to see the margins when I'm writing)
and
I zoom a page after setting it to 'One page' view it will suddenly switch
show 2 pages, side by side.

It refuses to show a single page at the zoom level I want. And I never
want
to see a side by side view of pages. Ever.

I have a large widescreen monitor and I want the page to always appear in
the middle of the screen. Always, regardless of zoom level. Word used to
do
this.

How do I disable this annoying behaviour?

Sean.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Not necessarily. I've noticed in Word 2003 on my new, higher-resolution
monitor (not even a widescreen), if I drop below a certain Zoom level, I get
two pages in Print Preview (thank goodness not in Print Layout view,
however) even with One Page explicitly selected. I would tend to regard this
as a bug, and I'll be unhappy if it has spread to Print Layout view in Word
2007.

"Sean S" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've just started using Word 2007.

When in 'Print Layout' view (I like to see the margins when I'm writing)
and
I zoom a page after setting it to 'One page' view it will suddenly switch
show 2 pages, side by side.

It refuses to show a single page at the zoom level I want. And I never
want
to see a side by side view of pages. Ever.

I have a large widescreen monitor and I want the page to always appear
in
the middle of the screen. Always, regardless of zoom level. Word used to
do
this.

How do I disable this annoying behaviour?

Sean.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that clicking the One Page button is likely to change the zoom.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sean S" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've just started using Word 2007.

When in 'Print Layout' view (I like to see the margins when I'm writing)
and
I zoom a page after setting it to 'One page' view it will suddenly switch
show 2 pages, side by side.

It refuses to show a single page at the zoom level I want. And I never
want
to see a side by side view of pages. Ever.

I have a large widescreen monitor and I want the page to always appear
in
the middle of the screen. Always, regardless of zoom level. Word used to
do
this.

How do I disable this annoying behaviour?

Sean.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Not necessarily. I've noticed in Word 2003 on my new, higher-resolution
monitor (not even a widescreen), if I drop below a certain Zoom level, I
get two pages in Print Preview (thank goodness not in Print Layout view,
however) even with One Page explicitly selected. I would tend to regard
this as a bug, and I'll be unhappy if it has spread to Print Layout view
in Word 2007.

Well you're going to be sadly disappointed then. It HAS "spread" to Word
2007...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It doesn't for me. But I agree that this could be better addressed to make
it more user-friendly too.

Terry