tj

Default MS Word Picture Object

I think you have to customize a toolbar and add, from the format menu, the
picture as object command. it is no longer on the pic toolbar automatically.

"George Wilson" wrote:

There is a required procedure that she is following. It sure seemed like a
round about way to accomplish a simple task, but it seems the document needs
to follow a specified guideline. Thank you for your assistance Beth

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I believe the difference lies in how an object is inserted. The "Reset
Picture Boundary" only applies to floating objects rather than inline
objects. You can determine inline vs floating by the selection
handles. Black indicates inline and white indicates floating.

Change the object to floating and see if the picture boundary is
reset. If you are working with images then use the "Text Wrapping"
command on the Picture toolbar and change the wrapping to anything
other than "In line with text".

Also, is there a specific reason she is using a Microsoft Word Picture
object rather than inserting the object directly? If it's a matter of
creating a group of objects then there are alternate methods available
such as Insert/Picture/New Drawing which will create a drawing canvas
that is similar to using a Microsoft Word Picture object and if you
need to group objects you can use the Group command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"George Wilson" wrote in
message ...
I am assisting a customer running Office 2003 on Windows 2000 system.
She was
recently upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003. She has a
procedure for
the insertion of images into a document type. The procedure is to
insert an
object, choose Microsoft Word Picture, she then pastes her object in
the
window and she hits "Reset Picture Boundary" button and it resizes
the box to
fit the picture. This is no longer working for her after the
upgrade. I try
this on my system and get the same result, I have tried it in 3
different
versions of Word and still unable to make this work the way she
described.
Are we leaving out a step here? Is there an issue with the reset
picture
boundary button? anyone have any suggestions?
TIA
George