Lynda

Default When I save my document everyone sees my changes help!!!

WHen I complete a document, change the tools to turn off the editing feature,
others see the version of my document with all the changes written all over
it. Its terrible! Please help me figure this out. Its quite embarrasing.
Margaret Aldis

Hi Lynda

You need to Accept the changes in the document before sending it out (if you
want to keep your revision marking, keep a copy.) Simply turning off track
changes just stops adding new revisions - similarly the view settings are
just that, they show/hide revisions that are still in the text.

You don't say what version of Word, but it's usually 2002/2003 that fools
people over this. If so, the way to accept the changes is to use the
dropdown menu (arrow button) beside the Accept button on the Reviewing
toolbar - you'll see an entry for Accept All Changes in Document.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Lynda" wrote in message
WHen I complete a document, change the tools to turn off the editing
feature,
others see the version of my document with all the changes written all
over
it. Its terrible! Please help me figure this out. Its quite embarrasing.

Kat

To retain your changes, use the pull down menu for that will list one of the
four following option "original, orginal showing markup, final showing,
markup, and final". Choose the final view. Your changes are retained, and
anyone knowing how can go find them, but they are hidden in the final view.

If you want to keep a copy of your tracked changes but clean them out of the
current copy, either save the file into two files or use the "versioning"
feature you see in the "File" Menu. Versioning will still allow someone to
find the older versions of the document, but they are more permanently hidden.