Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FarGardener FarGardener is offline

Default Path and filename in a footer

I have a path and filename in a footer in a Word document. I want to email
the document, but the path changes to a Temp location and name. How can I
keep the original path and filename?
--

FarGardener
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

FarGardener wrote:
I have a path and filename in a footer in a Word document. I want to
email the document, but the path changes to a Temp location and name.
How can I keep the original path and filename?

Before you mail the file, double-click to open the footer pane, click on the
file name, and press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to "unlink" the field. That turns it into
plain text that won't change.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_34_] Henk57[_34_] is offline

I dont know how to keep it static AND linked to a field. Is it an
option to copy the field result and paste it back in as unformatted