Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Wildcard "special" searches

On Jul 28, 11:19*pm, Venky62
T wrote:
Where are you placing the cursor ? Please try the macro with the cursor
anywhere on the line where the footnote reference is located but before
the footnote reference. It should work.

I placed the cursor a few characters before the footnote reference, on
the same line.

I just tried it again, and the Visual Basic window opened, with the
line "Cut" highlighted and a little box reading "Compile error: Sub or
Function not defined."

Please let me know if it doesn't. If not, I will code for placing the
cursor between the footnote reference and the next character. If you can
get this macro to work, it should be even more convenient for you.

Indeed.
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

I can't figure it out. Maybe something was left out while copying my code? Is there a period before the cut statement? Like ".cut" ?

Could you upload your document so that I could see where the error is creeping in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
On Jul 28, 11:19*pm, Venky62
wrote:
Where are you placing the cursor ? Please try the macro with the cursor
anywhere on the line where the footnote reference is located but before
the footnote reference. It should work.

I placed the cursor a few characters before the footnote reference, on
the same line.

I just tried it again, and the Visual Basic window opened, with the
line "Cut" highlighted and a little box reading "Compile error: Sub or
Function not defined."

Please let me know if it doesn't. If not, I will code for placing the
cursor between the footnote reference and the next character. If you can
get this macro to work, it should be even more convenient for you.

Indeed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 29, 10:48*am, Venky62
T wrote:
I can't figure it out. Maybe something was left out while copying my
code? Is there a period before the cut statement? Like ".cut" ?

Nope. It's directly below two lines in green.

Could you upload your document so that I could see where the error is
creeping in?

You want me to upload my normal.dotm template somewhere? Where?

I installed the macro simply by copying your text from the newsgroup
to the clipboard, then to a Notepad file; then copied it from the
Notepad file to the template (following Greg Mayor's instructions,
which have worked all the times people have posted useful macros here
before).

Peter T. Daniels;492930 Wrote:

-
Please let me know if it doesn't. If not, I will code for placing the
cursor between the footnote reference and the next character. If you
can
get this macro to work, it should be even more convenient for you.-

Indeed.

Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Okay, rather than your sending the file, I am sending a txt file with the code that I have tested again several times, and it has worked every time. Hopefully, this will work now.

wrote:-
Where are you placing the cursor ? Please try the macro with the
cursor
anywhere on the line where the footnote reference is located but
before
the footnote reference. It should work.-

I placed the cursor a few characters before the footnote reference, on
the same line.

I just tried it again, and the Visual Basic window opened, with the
line "Cut" highlighted and a little box reading "Compile error: Sub or
Function not defined."
-
Please let me know if it doesn't. If not, I will code for placing the
cursor between the footnote reference and the next character. If you
can
get this macro to work, it should be even more convenient for you.-

Indeed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TransposeFootnote.txt (1.8 KB, 130 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It works. Thank you. (I compared the two texts -- the main difference
is that you added periods to start a number of lines.)

But not when the cursor is placed between note and following
character, only when it precedes a note.

And Ctrl-Shift-T still brings up a box saying that if I want to add a
digital signature, blah-di-blah-di-blah. (I've never had trouble
assigning a shortcut before! The default assignment for Ctrl-Shift-T
is "Unhang," something I have no use for, not "digital signature"!)

Maybe Ctrl-Alt-T will do it ...

On Jul 29, 11:20*pm, Venky62
T wrote:
Okay, rather than your sending the file, I am sending a txt file with
the code that I have tested again several times, and it has worked every
time. Hopefully, this will work now.

Peter T. Daniels;492944 Wrote:

wrote:-
[...]

|Filename: TransposeFootnote.txt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134|

Venky62-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 30, 3:19*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

And Ctrl-Shift-T still brings up a box saying that if I want to add a
digital signature, blah-di-blah-di-blah. (I've never had trouble
assigning a shortcut before! The default assignment for Ctrl-Shift-T
is "Unhang," something I have no use for, not "digital signature"!)

Maybe Ctrl-Alt-T will do it ...

D'oh! I failed to notice that when you click "Customize" to add a
shortcut, it doesn't open to the item that's selected in the list
above, but to the first item in the first list of commands, viz.,
AddDigitalSignature!

And when I tested the new shortcut, I learned that if the period is
already before the next footnote, it'll grab the first letter of the
next sentence. Not really ideal. Takes two Undo's to set it right.
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Okay. That means your document can have a mixture or correctly placed footnotes and incorrect ones. Also, there may be footnotes in the middle of a sentence, not only at the end.

This code takes care of that. It searches for a footnote and asks if you want it to be transposed. If you click "Yes" then it will do so, else it will move on. Once it reaches end of document, it will ask you if you would like to do the search again from the beginning of document. If you say "Yes", then it will take you to the beginning and you can start again; if "No" then it does nothing.

If you still want to do it by placing the cursor between the footnote ref. and the next character, that can be done too. But this is more useful.

[...]

File Type: txt TransposeFootnote2.txt (2.4 KB, 151 views)

Logical OR in Word wildcard searches wildetudor Microsoft Word Help 2 March 17th 09 02:13 AM
In "Paste Special", Can I set "Unformatted Text" as the first choi ATMYTV Microsoft Word Help 1 April 24th 08 06:07 AM
How to default to "Unformatted Text" in "Paste Special" in Word 20 Lucky Green Microsoft Word Help 3 October 4th 06 06:52 AM
Wildcard file searches PA New Users 1 July 12th 06 01:09 PM
specific searches in word documents, ie "Trust C" cware Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 06 03:39 PM