Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heinalem heinalem is offline

Default Equation Editor - Word 2003 - Equation alignment

I'm using the Equation Editor for the first time in Word 2003, but I'm
finding that the equation automatically aligns itself to the left margin. I
can move the equation to the correct position, but then have to use the space
bar to continue typing regular text after the insert. My recollection of
Word 97 is that the equation went where your cursor was, and you were able to
type after it. I've tried changing the properties of the object, but no
luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 24-Aug-2006, heinalem wrote:

I'm using the Equation Editor for the first time in Word 2003, but
I'm finding that the equation automatically aligns itself to the
left
margin. I can move the equation to the correct position, but then
have to use the space bar to continue typing regular text after
the insert. My recollection of Word 97 is that the equation went
where your cursor was, and you were able to type after it. I've
tried changing the properties of the object, but no luck. Any
help would be appreciated

You need to make sure Word's "Insert picture" settings are correct for
equations. In Word's Tools menu, click on Options. There are several
tabs on this dialog; click on Edit. In the Edit tab are 2 drop-down
boxes. Make sure the one labeled "Insert/paste pictures as:" is set to
"Inline with text". Click OK. The fact that you said you "can move the
equation to the correct position" indicates to me that the equation
properties were not "inline with text".

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide