Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Gohanna Michelle Gohanna is offline

Default Funny characters in my word document

Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not there
before. However, if I send the document through email to someone else the
character are not there.

What could be causing this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're probably displaying nonprinting characters
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rintChars.htm). Press the ¶
button on the toolbar, or press Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Michelle Gohanna wrote:
Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not
there before. However, if I send the document through email to
someone else the character are not there.

What could be causing this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Braveheart Braveheart is offline

What kind of funny characters? Are they cartoon paperclips that wink at you
or Einstein? This is the office assistant. You can turn it off click Help
Hide the office assistant.

BH

"Michelle Gohanna" wrote:

Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not there
before. However, if I send the document through email to someone else the
character are not there.

What could be causing this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne Jeanne is offline

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday - someone brought me a copy of a
template they printed - a "square" appeared in the middle of the document the
first time she printed it - the second time she printed the document - it
appeared in a different place - the third time she printed it - it was gone.
Also, on a completely different document the "square" showed up again but had
the words "formtext" after it. When I unprotected and looked at the document
there was nothing out of the ordinary. You can't see these weird things when
you view the document online, they only show up - and not every time - when
you print. This leads me to believe that it is a print driver issue. I'm
having her print to a different printer for a while to rule this out.
Jeanne

"Michelle Gohanna" wrote:

Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not there
before. However, if I send the document through email to someone else the
character are not there.

What could be causing this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Michelle Gohanna" wrote:

Some of my Word documents have funny characters in them that were not there
before. However, if I send the document through email to someone else the
character are not there.

What could be causing this.

Are there funny voices for Word? Mr. Mysterious Microsoft Word Help 2 September 19th 08 06:33 AM
how do i get rid of funny looking p`s on word mandabalk Microsoft Word Help 2 September 29th 06 04:56 PM
Funny characters Peter New Users 1 May 21st 05 08:09 PM
My formatting in word is acting funny Liz Microsoft Word Help 3 February 27th 05 08:12 AM
I type in an apostrophe in Word, but it comes up as a funny lookin Corey W. Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 04:33 AM