Writing vertically in a table cell in Word

Old May 10th 10, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
peschrader

Default Writing vertically in a table cell in Word

Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter
Old May 10th 10, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you really mean the orientation of the letters to be as shown, you just
type a letter, press Shift+Enter, type another, repeat. If you want to
rotate the orientation of the text 90 degrees, then use the Format | Text
Direction command.

http://word.mvps.org

Old May 10th 10, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will need to insert the characters inside a narrow textbox. Note
however, that you will have to manually size the height of the text box (it
will not expand as you add text) and to get the height of the table row to
match the height of the text box, the text box will have to be formatted so
that it is inline with text.

If you do not need each letter in the vertical orientation, you can just
right click in the cell and select Text direction and rotate the text
through plus or minus 90

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Old March 29th 20, 08:16 AM
Elizabeth Brown Elizabeth Brown is offline

Location: Detroit, USA

If you want to rotate the orientation of the text 90 degrees, then use the Format | Text Direction command.
Old April 14th 20, 11:05 AM
mirandagold mirandagold is offline

Originally Posted by peschrader View Post
Hi !

I'm using MS Office Word 2003 and Windows XP.

How can I write in a table cell vertically like this:
?
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Peter
You should use "transpose" option. Copy the data you need and when you'll paste it, choose the transpose paste option, using the right mouse button