creating a form - school report card!

Old April 26th 12, 12:49 PM
bjsa06 bjsa06 is offline

Default creating a form - school report card!

I am redesigning a school report card to make it more automated for teachers.

An example for 1 of the tables in the report will look something like this (......I added the arrows for this forum question obviously)

ORANGE: Fixed text that staff should not be able to edit
RED: Staff to edit this area/box with text about what the class as a whole has studied this term (same text for all 30 students)
PURPLE: DROP-DOWN list from 'DEVELOPER-CONTROLS' box. Happy with that, it works well
GREEN: 'Individual' student comments to be entered by staff

So my general question is...What's the best way to set this up? Template that includes the use of the CONTROL box (insert text)?

To be more specific, some of the problems I have encountered have been:
- Controlling a border in a table so that it is fixed and does not continue to move down the page. Eg, if an eager teacher continues to type in the comments box, the bottom border/frame will go onto the next page. All report must 'look'/formatted the same.
- Fixing/plastering text to a page to make it uneditable. ENFORCED PROTECTION function?

Appreciated
Attached Images

Old April 26th 12, 01:09 PM
bjsa06 bjsa06 is offline

Originally Posted by bjsa06 View Post
...Controlling a border in a table so that it is fixed and does not continue to move down the page. Eg, if an eager teacher continues to type in the comments box, the bottom border/frame will go onto the next page.
In a small test I RESTRICTED FORMATTING AND EDITTING which worked welll for the fixed text at the top of the table. However, when a user enters text into the 'comments' box for example (set up via the CONTROLS BOX), the bottom border of the table continues to be pushed South! So the restriction does not apply to the table! How can I fix the table border?

I'm using word 2007 BTW

Thanks
Old April 26th 12, 01:42 PM
bjsa06 bjsa06 is offline

problem solved, but for future reference:
Attached Images

Old April 17th 20, 12:59 PM
weber360 weber360 is offline

Originally Posted by bjsa06 View Post
problem solved, but for future reference:
Thank you, help me a lot!
I also try to automate the whole thing for teachers, I try at least, and now there was a similar mistake like yours.
Thanks to you, everything is decided
Do you happen to know how to automate a word for submitting reports in a few clicks?
Old April 17th 20, 01:43 PM
gvindalyn gvindalyn is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by weber360 View Post
Thank you, help me a lot!
I also try to automate the whole thing for teachers, I try at least, and now there was a similar mistake like yours.
Thanks to you, everything is decided
Do you happen to know how to automate a word for submitting reports in a few clicks?
All this basically lies in the correctness of the numbers that would be combined, and absolutely everything can be automated, but your idea is good, it will help the school and teachers! Iím also trying to automate the work, but already for students, now I turned to https://edubirdie.com/math-problems-writing-service for help to improve my knowledge in mathematics and also do something cool, just like you. Math help for students helped me not only understand the intricacies, but also improve my grades, and I hope one day I will become a very cool engineer

Last edited by gvindalyn : April 17th 20 at 01:47 PM.