Can not view my file properly with in the Draft view of Word

Old April 28th 09, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pseeger

Default Can not view my file properly with in the Draft view of Word

Hi,

I am trying to work on a word 2003 document that some one gave me. When I go
to open it, the text and graphics that I expect to be there do not show up.
The default view that I open word with is the draft view. I played with the
settings and finally was able to get the file to view properly under the
reading screen/full screen reading view. I would like to be able to view the
file in either Print Layout or the Draft view.

I can view the file better on someone elses computer in Print layout view,
but don't know why it won't work on my computer.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is the case. I can provide
an example if needed.

Thanks,

Pete Seeger
Old April 28th 09, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Graphics are never displayed in Draft view. You will need to switch to Print
Layout view to see them. Then make a change in the file and resave it to
save it in that view.

http://word.mvps.org

Old April 29th 09, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pseeger

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the reply to my question. What about if the graphics that I'm
supposed to be able to see in Print Layout view don't show up there, but they
show up in the "Full Screen Reading" view.
Do I need to repeat the steps you mentioned to get them to show up in that
view?
It seems kind of strange that one view will display the file properly while
another one will not, when you would expect the print layout view to show the
file with all of the graphics.

Thanks

Pete

Old April 29th 09, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Have a go at this:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

Old April 29th 09, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note, however, that, although that article has been updated for Word 2007,
the update hasn't yet been published.

http://word.mvps.org

Old April 29th 09, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Yeah, but Pete seemed like a rather sharp guy - I assumed he'd make the
necessary connections :-) I linked it more for the cerebral effect :-)

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones