where can I get an expanded symbol insert for exponents?

Old November 11th 09, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kann56

Default where can I get an expanded symbol insert for exponents?

The current software only allows exponents of 2, 3.
Old November 11th 09, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

On Nov 11, 12:18*pm, kann56 wrote:
The current software only allows exponents of 2, 3.

Most fonts only have 1, 2, and 3, because those were included in the
basic set of characters many moons ago. A few fonts, including Lucida
Sans, Arial Unicode, Cambria, Calibri, and Cambria Math, have the rest
of them. In Insert Symbol, set the upper-right dropdown to
"Superscripts and Subscripts," and if you don't get a full set, select
one of the above fonts from the fonts dropdown at the upper left.

If you don't want to do it that way, then use the Superscript format:
select the number (etc.) to be raised and press Ctrl-Shift-+. (For
subscripts, it's Ctrl-=.)

Or, you could make a Character Style with Superscript selected in the
Font formatting panel.