Mail Merge doesn't execute until manually Opening the desired document

Old February 28th 06, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge doesn't execute until manually Opening the desired document

We're using Access 2002 (10.6501.6471) SP3 and Word 2002 (10.6612.6714)
SP3

Our Access database is supposed to populate a word document via
mailmerge. The problem lies in that all of a sudden when we click the
button to open the document and populate it with the desired data, the
document is populated with the data from the last time we used it.

If you go an manually open the document, it then asks you if you want
to execute the specific SQL command and notifies you that the results
of the query will be placed in the document. If you click yes, it will
then correctly populate the word document.

This used to work w/o having to manually open the document...any ideas?

Old February 28th 06, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See this Knowledge Base article. Basically, you have two choices: use VBA
to link in the data source or disable the security measure (create the
Registry entry).

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

We're using Access 2002 (10.6501.6471) SP3 and Word 2002 (10.6612.6714)
SP3

Our Access database is supposed to populate a word document via
mailmerge. The problem lies in that all of a sudden when we click the
button to open the document and populate it with the desired data, the
document is populated with the data from the last time we used it.

If you go an manually open the document, it then asks you if you want
to execute the specific SQL command and notifies you that the results
of the query will be placed in the document. If you click yes, it will
then correctly populate the word document.

This used to work w/o having to manually open the document...any ideas?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org