Mail merge pictures - missing links

Old June 16th 06, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge pictures - missing links

I've created my mail merge document linked to an excel data source. Included
the mail merge command...

{ INCLUDEPICTURE " N:\\MAIL MERGE\\Ed's examples\\photos\\ {Mergefield
Whole_name}.jpg" }

When I merge to a seperate document I can't see the pictures, just boxes
with red crosses. I've done F9 update, and have called the jpg files the same
names as they appear in the excel file.

I used Ctrl+F9 to insert my brackets; update links and fileds is checked in
the print box, picture placeholders is not checked in the options - view box;
I've pressed Ctrl+A and F9 in my output document...

Any ideas??
Old June 16th 06, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You appear to have an unwanted space or two in the path.Try:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "N:\\MAIL MERGE\\Ed's examples\\photos\\{Mergefield
Whole_name}.jpg" }
What does Mergefield Whole_Name contain *exactly*.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old September 8th 06, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JAH

Hi Graham,
I can't see the bmp files I am trying to merge into labels. All I see once
a merge to "edit individual labels" are red x's. The bmp files are headshots.

I have an excel file with my text, ie. First, Last

This is the field code I am using.
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Reunion\\{ MERGEFIELD First}{MERGEFIELD Last}.bmp" }

Do I need a field in my excel file relating to the pictures?

What do you think?

Old September 8th 06, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Did you merge to a new document and update the fields in that document?
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Old September 8th 06, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JAH

The select all, than hit F9 procedure - yes I did that, and then the pictures
with the red x's came up.

Old September 9th 06, 07:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Do the names you are deriving from the merge fields match exactly the
filenames of the images? Is the path correct.
Does INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Reunion\\picturename.bmp" } work? where
picturename is a combination of the fields?
Check what { MERGEFIELD First}{MERGEFIELD Last} produces *exactly*.
Word will not make a best guess about the filename and path. It has to
exactly match.