expanded Recently Used lists

Old December 1st 04, 05:41 PM
Larry

Default expanded Recently Used lists

Are there utilities that expand Word's or Windows' capacity to display a
list of recently opened files?

The Recently Used list in Word has a maximum of nine. The Documents
submenu of the Windows Start menu has a maximum of 15. It would be
nice to be able to display, say the last 30 documents opened.

Thanks
Larry

Old December 2nd 04, 12:27 AM
Mostly Me (MM)

Larry wrote:
Are there utilities that expand Word's or Windows' capacity to display a
list of recently opened files?

The Recently Used list in Word has a maximum of nine. The Documents
submenu of the Windows Start menu has a maximum of 15. It would be
nice to be able to display, say the last 30 documents opened.

Thanks
Larry

Hi Larry,

It appears that the maximum is nine and a brief Google search did not
reveal a hack to change that number. Of course, there might be one
somewhere, I didn't do an exhaustive search.

I did see however that if your desire is to have frequently accessed
documents more readily available from a menu, you could do this:

quote
....you can add documents that you access regularly to the File menu by
adding the Work option to this menu. Go to Tool, Customize, Commands.
Under Categories, select Built-in Menus. Under Commands, find the Work
menu button and drag it to your File menu (try placing it right under
the recent files list).

The next time you open a file that you use a lot, you can add it to your
Work list by going to File/Work, and selecting the Add to Work Menu.
/quote

Hope that helps.

MM
Old December 2nd 04, 06:42 AM
Larry

Thanks, I use the Work menu which is good, though it lacks a lot in
flexibility. I just wanted a much more powerful and flexible way of
accessing recently used documents.

Larry

Old December 4th 04, 06:14 AM
Andy

I just wanted a much more powerful and flexible way of
accessing recently used documents.

There's a utility called TaskTracker that has recently used files
organized by filetypes. The Word list has a list much longer than the
last nine documents.

Http://tasktracker.wordwisesolutions.com/

I've been using it for a year or so. Not perfect, but handy.

Andy